Covenant Renewal Worship
- We are devoted to the teaching of Holy Scripture, the fellowship of believers, the regular administration of the sacraments (including weekly communion), and prayer (Acts 2:42). Our worship services are structured to engage the mind and heart of each person in these activities. We encourage participants rather than mere spectators.
- We seek to worship our God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24) and with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:28-29). Accordingly, our services are joyful and reverent. Our emphasis is on the ability of God’s Word, by his Spirit, to change lives.
- Our posture in worship is that of thanksgiving, allowing the word of Christ to dwell in us richly as we teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs (Colossians 3:16). We use the Hymns of Grace hymnbook for our hymn selections and normally sing at least one psalm each service.
- Our preaching and teaching focuses not on lofty speech or wisdom but on knowing Jesus Christ and him crucified (1 Corinthians 2:1-2).
- We believe that obedience to the second great commandment is an essential consequence of obedience to the first (Matthew 11:37-39). We strive to maintain a community of loving fellowship and accountability wherein we rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep, and live in harmony with one another (Romans 12:14-16).
- We strive, both individually and corporately, to obey the laws of God (1 John 2:3-6) which he has given for our benefit (1 John 5:3) and his glory (Psalm 19) and summarized in his Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17).
- We believe in the value of inter-generational worship and fellowship (Matthew 19:13-14). We seek to train and nurture our covenant children so that they may grow into faithful adults and not lifelong adolescents (1 Corinthians 13:11). We offer a nursery for young children, but the congregation is never otherwise segregated on the basis of age for worship services, and parents are encouraged to train their children for inclusion in the service at a young age (Deuteronomy 29:29).
- We seek to obey the individual and corporate calling to make disciples, to baptize, and to teach the observance of God’s commandments among all people on earth (Matthew 28:19-20).
Denominational and Confessional Affiliation
- We are a church in the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Synod. As such, we affirm the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms (Larger and Shorter), as well as the ARP Form of Government, Book of Discipline, and Directory of Public Worship.
- We are governed by elders: qualified men (1 Timothy 3:1-7) ordained by God for service in his church (Acts 14:23), who govern the church according to Scripture (Acts 6:1-7), keep watch over the souls of the flock (Hebrews 13:17), and pray for the sick (James 5:14).
- We are pastored by a faithful Minister of the Word who preaches, administers the sacraments, teaches, counsels, comforts, and assists the elders in the shepherding of the flock (2 Corinthians 3:4-6).
- Our church is served by godly deacons: qualified men (1 Timothy 3:8-13), ordained for service and ministry among the people of God (Acts 6:1-6).
- We are constituted by the profession of faith once given by the Apostle Peter and welcome all who, in faith, share his profession (Matthew 16:15-18).
- We rely entirely upon the work of God through his Word and Spirit for the growth of His Church (Acts 6:6-8).
- We grow and are multiplied only by “walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 9:31).
For more information about what we believe and why we believe it visit the ARP Standards website here.